PRIVACY & COOKIES
This policy sets out how we collect and use any personal information when you use our website. We take the responsibility of looking after this data extremely seriously; this is why we’ve set out the details below.
Our full name is FM-Tags Limited and under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are the “data controller”. The data controller is the legal term used to describe the person or company that decides how the personal data is used and processed.
1. How we collect your personal data
We collect basic information when you
• Make an enquiry about our goods or services
• Place an order for our products or services.
2. What personal data do we collect?
The data we collect and process about you will include:
• Your name
• Your email address
• Your telephone number
• Your billing and delivery address details including postal code
• The details of any product or service you have received from us
• Our correspondence and communications with you
• Any information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us
3. How we will use the personal data we hold
We use the personal data that we collect in order to provide a legitimate business service and to comply with our legal obligations. We may use your personal data:
• To respond to enquiries
• To process orders
• To deliver your purchase
• To send billing documents
• To deal with any complaints
• To send correspondence
• To obtain feedback
Internal Record Keeping
• We may use this information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data if we have a legitimate reason to:
• In order to help get your purchases to you, such as delivery companies e.g. Royal Mail Postal Service.
• For activities undertaken by our professional advisers e.g. our accountant, bank manager, accounting services
We only transfer your personal data to third party service providers when we can be sure that we can protect your privacy and rights. We only permit the use of information which is needed to carry out a specified service.
In some circumstances we may also need to provide your personal data to enable us to comply with legal, statutory or regulatory requirements. We will only do so when we have a legal obligation to provide personal
information to the authorities and regulators to comply with the law.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data with any third party.
We do not transfer data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
5. How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will only hold your personal data for
• As long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected
• As long as you have an account open
• For the requirements of our business
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and
abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may keep hold of some of your personal data, after you have
closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the service to you.
6. Keeping your personal data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent a breach we have put in
place appropriate and reasonable measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or
accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, professionals and
third parties that have a genuine business need.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data security breach. We will notify you and
any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. Your rights over your information
Under the GDPR you have many rights over your personal data and how it is used. In summary, these include:
• Request access to your personal data we hold
• Request us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• Request the erasure of your personal data concerning you in certain situations
• Object to the processing of your personal data
• The right to withdraw you consent, restrict or stop any promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information
• The right to withdraw your consent, restrict or stop any market research
• Request the transfer of your personal data, where this is technically feasible
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please send your email request to GDPR@fm-tags.co.uk. We will
try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, in most cases we will notify you and keep you
In most cases you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may charge a “reasonable
fee” for administrative costs where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
When personal data is requested it may be necessary for us to obtain identification or proof to ensure your rights
to access. We will take into account at the time of the request, what data we hold, the nature of the data, and
what we are using it for.
9. How to complain
You also have the right to complain. We hope that you would consider raising your query or complaint with us
first. However, if you believe that we have not handled your personal data correctly or are not happy with how
we have dealt with your request; you have the right to lodge a complaint.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at
https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or Telephone – 0303 123 1113.
10. How to contact us
By Email: GDPR@fm-tags.co.uk
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file which may be placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site.
Third Party Tracking
FMT uses analytics software which places cookies on a user's device to provide us with aggregated usage data of our website. Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies to report on visitor interactions on our website, this helps us to improve your website experience and the services we provide. These cookies are used to store non-personally identifiable information. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains. No personal information is collected about you or about your computer.
Links to Other Websites
The website may contain links to other websites of interest. Please be aware that once you have used a link to another site (Third Party Sites) they may collect personal information about you. FMT will not be held accountable or will not cover the practices of such websites.
You should read their separate policies which apply.