The Communication Workers Union (CWU) has called on its members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and letters to take strike action on the following dates:
• Friday 30th September 2022
• Saturday 1st October 2022
• Thursday 13th October 2022
• Thursday 20th October 2022
• Tuesday 25th October 2022
• Monday 28th November 2022
Further dates have also been announced by the CWU for functional strike action which impacts parts of the operations:
• Processing, Distribution, International, Collections, Admin: 3rd, 9th, 15th, 24th November and 1st December 2022
• Delivery: 4th, 10th, 16th, 25th November and 2nd December 2022
• Network: 2nd, 8th, 14th, 23rd, 30th November 2022
Strike Action: Orders may take up to 14 days to arrive after dispatch. They expect there to be delays to orders affected by the strike action.
Post is at greater risk of being delayed or lost, as sorting offices may be left unmanned during the strike and fewer deliveries will be made during and immediately after the strike.
Royal Mail recommends using Special Delivery shipping methods to minimise disruption to any UK orders. Therefore if you wish for your order to be sent using this specific delivery service please send confirmation on your email order. Please note that this service will incur greater postage fees.
REMINDER: COVID, GDPR, ORDERING AND DELIVERY TIMESCALES
● COVID - As many of you are aware due to covid, I alone, now undertake all orders. As you can appreciate a significant amount of my time is now spent in the workshop using machinery. So, with that in mind and although I like to chat, due to Health and Safety, it is not always possible for me to answer your telephone calls. I would therefore like to kindly ask that all enquiries are made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will deal with them as soon as I am able.
● ORDERING - A reminder that all orders are to be received by post or email only. It is recommended to reduce the risk of missing information that you use the order form from this website. Please note that if queries are made to your order due to missing information I will either not process the order until it is received or needs to extend the delivery timescale.
● DELIVERY TIMESCALES - I would like to thank all my customers for their continued support with ordering early if only minimum order is required or when the rally is full. Also, for those who order as per my ordering information delivery timescales.
● LAST MINUTE ORDERS - For those customers who need to place last-minute orders, I have taken on board your comments and I will be looking at the introduction of a delivery surcharge for such orders.